AWANA @ WMBC is a bible based program to encourage our children to love God’s Holy and Wonderful Word. AWANA is an international youth program offered by West Main Baptist Church as a mid-week program for children age 3 Years through 12th grade. The AWANA name is derived from scripture found in II Timothy 2:15: “Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed.”
AWANA meets on Wednesday evenings 6:30 – 8:00PM. We would love to invite you and your children to this wonderful time.
The AWANA Children’s Ministries of the West Main Baptist Church exist to lead Children to . . .
AGE: 3 yr old to Kindergarten
Fun – and lots of it!
Awana is fun with a purpose – to reach and train kids for Jesus Christ. Games, puppets, crafts, awards and other activities transform our preschool program into a lively weekly experience where fun and learning go hand in hand
Teacher: Christy Simpson
The Awana club for children in kindergarten through second grade builds on the material taught in our preschool club. The aim of the curriculum is to take youngsters a step deeper into God’s Word while giving unsaved boys and girls regular opportunities to hear the gospel and come to faith in Jesus Christ. After being immersed in solid foundational teaching at the preschool level, boys and girls frequently come to an understanding of their need to trust Christ as their personal Savior while in Sparks.
****IMMERSING KIDS IN GOD”S WORD****
The Sparks program is firmly grounded in Scripture. The three handbooks feature:
* Basic truths about God, Jesus Christ, salvation and the Bible
* An increased emphasis on Scripture memory over our preschool materials. In three years, a child will learn and review 68 verses, many of which cover salvation and key Christian doctrine
* Clear and consistent presentation of the gospel message
The name Truth & Training reflects the passion of Awana to teach third- through sixth-grade boys and girls the truth of God’s Word and to train them to follow Christ in their daily lives. Our goal is that many of today’s young people will become tomorrow’s church leaders. T&T is the program that trains the leaders of tomorrow — today.
T-N-T Evangelism and discipleship go hand in hand in our third through sixth grade program. By the time a child has completed T&T,
he will have:
- Learned and reviewed approximately 310 verses
- Studied dozens of passages from the Old and New Testament
- Regularly heard and read the gospel message
- Discovered the Bible’s response to questions like “How does God want me to live my life?” and memorized verses to back up these answers
WEST MAIN BAPTIST is excited to provide a fun and safe game time, in which your child will learn to work as a team member on one of the four colorful teams. The games are designed to be fun, but also be focused on Jesus Christ.