G…stands for GOD
God is the beginning of grace. In fact, He is the beginning of all things.
- The Bible says, “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth” (Genesis 1:1).
The vast expanse of the universe and everything in it is the work of God alone. He is the Creator, Sustainer, and Ruler of all things. All creation reflects His majestic power and glory.
- “The heavens are telling of the glory of God; and their expanse is declaring the work of His hands” (Psalm 19:1).
As Creator, God alone is worthy of the praise of His creation.
- “Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things” (Revelation 4:11).
God, our Creator, is a God of HOLINESS and LOVE.
- “HOLY, HOLY, HOLY is the LORD GOD, the ALMIGHTY” (Revelation 4:8).
Holiness is that attribute of God that makes Him completely unique and separate from His creation. God is Majestic, Glorious, and Perfect in every way. The slightest sin or imperfection cannot dwell in His presence.
- The Bible describes God as “He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion!” (1 Timothy 6:15-16)
God’s LOVE is as great as His HOLINESS and MIGHT.
- The bible speaks of “the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind” (Titus 3:4).
Because of love, God created human beings to reflect His power and glory. In fact, we are the pinnacle of His creation!
- “When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained; What is man that You take thought of him, and the son of man that You care for him? Yet You have made him a little lower than God, and You crown him with glory and majesty! You make him to rule over the works of Your hands” (Psalm 8:3-6).
What makes us so special? We, unlike the rest of God’s creation, were created in the image of God Himself!
- “God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them” (Genesis 1:27).
Because God is our loving Creator and Ruler, we are responsible to love, worship, and obey Him alone. Since He created us, He has the right to lay His claim on our lives.
- Jesus said, “You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only” (Matthew 4:10).
- Jesus also said, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and foremost commandment” (Matthew 22:37-38).
Why, then, do we not reflect God’s glory and obey Him as we should?